jueves, 12 de abril de 2007

Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind


On the couch. Dark. Quiet. I wondered if I had made a terrible mistake. I almost reached for the phone about a thousand times. I thought I could take it back, erase it, explain I had momentarily lost my mind. Then I told myself we weren't happy. That was the truth. That what we were was safe. It was unfair to you and to me to stay in a relationship for that reason. I thought about Clementine and the spark when I was with her, but then I thought what you and I had was real and adult and therefore significant even if it wasn't much fun. But I wanted fun. I saw other people having fun and I wanted it. Then I thought fun is a lie, that no one is really having fun; I'm being suckered by advertising and movie bullshit... then I thought maybe not, maybe not. And then I thought, as I always do at this point in my argument, about dying.
_______________________________

En el sofá. Oscuro. Silencioso. Me pregunto si he cometido un terrible error. Casi alcanzo el teléfono cerca de mil veces. Pense que podía devolver el tiempo, borrarlo, explicar que momentaneamente he perdido mi mente. Luego me digo que no eramos felices. Esa era la verdad. Eso que sentiamos seguro. Fue injusto para ti y para mi mantener una relación por esta razón. Pienso en Clementine y la chispa que había cuando estaba con ella, pero entonces pensé que lo que tú y yo teníamos era verdadero y adulto, y por lo tanto significativo, incluso si no había mucha diversión. Pero quería diversión. Veía a otras personas divirtiéndose y yo lo quería. Luego pensé que la diversión era una mentira, que nadie realmente se divierte; Estoy siendo atrapado por advertencias y películas de mierda... luego pienso que quizás no, quizás no. Y luego pienso, como siempre hago en este punto de mi argumento, acerca de morir.


No hay comentarios: